Research Experiences for Students of Honours College (RESHC) Programme
The Research Experiences for Students of Honours College (RESHC) Programme is a yearly programme which jointly organized by the Honours College (HC) and the Research Services and Knowledge Transfer Office (RSKTO) of the University of Macau. The funding support for the Programme comes from the University Research Fund via the RSKTO. Faculty members holding research projects at the university are invited as mentors for the RESHC Programme. Based on the recommendations from mentors, the HC will endorse suitable HC student internship placement to the RSKTO for approval and stipend arrangement.
Purpose and Scope
- Serves to provide an opportunity for HC students to participate in research projects as interns, gaining research experiences on top of their undergraduate studies.
- Promotes technical and/or creative training for students, as well as interactions between students and the research community.
Internship Offer and Application
- Duration of the internship is three to six months; a longer duration could be considered if the work of the internship is helpful for the student’s honours project.
- All approved internship should start on the 1st or the first working day of the month.
Stipend Level and Amount
- Faculty mentors do not have to provide stipends from their project funding for their interns. Stipends for interns are allocated directly via the RSKTO.
- Each intern shall receive a monthly stipend based on the level of internship hours.
Number of Internship Hour Required per Month
- Upon the completion of the set level of internship hours by the student intern, student should submit a Monthly RESHC Student Participation Record to the HC General Office on or before the working day of 10th of next month.
To know more about the programme, please refer to the RESHC Programme Guidelines and RESHC Programme working flowchart. For enquiry, please contact Ms. Eunice Cheang at tel (853) 8822 4995 or Ms. Loretta Fong at tel (853) 8822 4971 for assistance.
|Current Offering Projects|